Information Collection and Use
Emirates Group ("Emirates") includes any and all of the following entities and/or brands: dnata, dnata World Travel, Emirates Skycargo, Skywards, Emirates Holidays, Arabian Adventures, Galileo Emirates and their associated brands and/or companies from time to time. A list is available upon request from: Corporate Communications, PO Box 686, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
We are responsible for the processing of any personal information you provide to this Web Site and we are notified where required in each country under the relevant data protection legislation of that country.
We take our responsibilities regarding the protection of personal information very seriously. This policy explains how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By using our Web Site you consent to this use.
Why Do We Need Your Personal Information?
When you use services provided on this Web Site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name and contact details, and/or debit/credit card details. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary and/or booking confirmation number, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation;
- To register you with our Web Site and administer our Web Site services where you have registered to receive these;
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail;
- For crime prevention and detection; and
- For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
We need to know the names of all passengers traveling or using our services. If you are booking a flight or service on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this consent.
Personal information we collect and use if you register an online account with us or register for one of our loyalty schemes
When you register to use one of our Platforms or for one of our loyalty schemes, such as Emirates Skywards or Business Rewards, we collect, process and use personal information to manage your registration. Once you register, this will enable you to manage your account and preferences.
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect from you when you register for an online account or one of our loyalty schemes includes your:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (including email address and telephone/mobile number)
- Country of residence
- Preferred language
- Organisation/company name, address, telephone number and travel coordinator name and contact details (for Business Rewards)
Once you register an online account or become a loyalty scheme member the types of personal information we collect from you includes:
- Rewards transaction details (such as points or miles accrual, redemption, purchase, transfer and gifts)
- Your journey preferences (such as your favourite seat, drink or meal on flights, aircraft)
- Your personal lifestyle interests (such as in sports, theatre or hobbies)
- Marketing preferences
- Medical needs in connection with your travel
- Information about your travel coordinator
- Information about your family members (including when you enrol your child or link your accounts with your family members in our loyalty schemes such as Emirates Skysurfers and Family Group)
- Death certificate and beneficiary information in the event of a request for the transfer of points or miles from a deceased member’s loyalty scheme account
- Membership number associated with a partner airline’s loyalty scheme
When you register for an online account or one of our loyalty schemes, you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the online account and loyalty scheme terms and conditions. Your information will be shared between loyalty schemes if you are also a member of a loyalty scheme with whom we have a partnership arrangement and with third parties who help us administer our online accounts and loyalty schemes (further details on Sharing your personal information with others is below).
How we use this personal information
We use the personal information we collect if you register an online account or become a loyalty scheme member, together with the Personal information we collect and use if you make a booking or fly with us, to:
- Manage the online account or loyalty scheme in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Manage accrual, redemption, transfer and purchase of rewards (such as points or miles) and share personal information with any of our rewards partners (such as our airline, hotel, transportation and retail partners where points or miles can be accrued or redeemed) to manage such rewards
- Personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile)
- Determine tier loyalty status and make offers and provide personalised service based on tier loyalty status
- Communicate and interact with you at different touch points throughout your journey (for example, in the event of service failures, compliments or complaints)
- Provide insights about travel behaviours (such as the industries and companies using our services for business travel) in order to provide industry or company specific offers
- Extend invitations to our events
- Authenticate log-ins to your online account or loyalty scheme and detect and prevent fraud in connection with your online account or loyalty scheme
- As you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time
Any information we collect will also be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the online account or loyalty scheme.
|We use your personal information to:||Legal basis for using personal information:||Rationale for legitimate interests legal basis:|
|Manage your booking with us and your travel journey (and other products and services you purchase from us or access such as our lounges)– including processing your payment; contacting you with service messages; and coordinating with other service providers such as partner airlines, hotels and car service||for the performance of a contract with you|
|Personalise the service and offers you receive and personalise our Platforms and communications||for our legitimate interest||
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR you may have rights to restrict or object to this processing, however please note that this may adversely affect our ability to personalise our service, offers and communications you receive.
|Improve our products and services and create new ones – including through surveys; and analysing inquiries and interactions with us||for our legitimate interest||
It is in our legitimate interests to improve our products and service based on our customers’ information such as their transactions and interactions with us. It is unlikely that this type of activity will override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR you may have rights to restrict or object to this processing, however please note that this may adversely affect the products and services we offer.
|Market our products and services to you – Including through direct marketing; advertisements on social media and other digital platforms; and contests, competitions, prize draws or promotional offers||for our legitimate interest; with your consent||
It is in our legitimate interests to promote our products and services to provide you information about our offers and to increase sales and customer engagement including by using third parties to support us in doing so. It is unlikely that this type of activity will override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data. We will seek your consent where we are legally required to do so.
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR you may have rights to restrict or object to this processing. If you do not want to receive such marketing from us you can unsubscribe by choosing the relevant "unsubscribe" option set out in our Privacy Notice.
|Manage your online account or loyalty scheme membership||for the performance of a contract with you|
|Provide you with special assistance – including determining your fitness to fly; providing your with medical equipment; and fulfilling special dietary requirements||for the performance of a contract with you; for our legitimate interest||
It is in our legitimate interests to make sure that our business runs smoothly and we provide customers with both effective and timely support. It is unlikely that providing you customer support will override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of your personal data.
If you are a data subject protected by the GDPR, you have rights to restrict or object to this processing, however please note that this may adversely affect our ability to provide you with effective customer support.
|Manage an emergency situation – including coordinating medical care; notifying your next of kin, governments, hospitals and clinics; re-accommodating you on your travel journey; and handling a security incident||for your vital interests; to comply with legal or regulatory obligations|