Transfers ( optional )
in comfortable tent
Walking Night Safari
Personal waiter service
- 4x4 dune drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Nature spotting (Camels, Arabian gazelle, Arabian oryx, Sand fish lizards, a variety of birds and many more)
- A short camel trek
- BBQ dinner (set menu)
- Unlimited soft drinks & water
- Waiter service
- Traditional shisha pipe
- Walking night safari
- Fireside marshmallows
- Private tented accommodation
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Hot & cold breakfast (set menu)
Self-drive to the DDCR gate when either the Soft drinks or Premium drinks packages "excluding transfer" package is selected
Hotel/home return transfer in a shared 4x4 vehicle when either the Soft drinks or Premium drinks packages “including transfer” is selected
Unlimited alcoholic drinks when either the Soft drinks or Premium drinks packages “including transfer” is selected
What's not included
- Evening entertainment
- Rustic desert accommodation
- Sunset stop
- Short camel trek
- Walking night safari
- Wildlife spotting opportunities
The Overnight Desert Safari begins at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve (DDCR) entrance, where you will be greeted by the Arabian Adventures team before heading to the overnight camp.
The camp is set across two characterful spaces with a total of 8 canvas safari tents, each with a comfortable double bed, private decking area, and rustic charm. Individual toiletry amenities and shared bathroom facilities are provided on site.
The Overnight experience includes a short camel trek, complimentary sunset drinks overlooking the stunning desert landscape, and a delicious BBQ dinner served in a traditional Bedouin setting.
After sunset, you will have the opportunity to spot unique nighttime wildlife on a walking safari, before concluding the evening spotting shooting stars while relaxing around the gentle campfire with toasted marshmallows. Traditional shisha is also available upon request.
As day breaks, a cooked breakfast is served followed by a morning wildlife drive to observe the UAE’s national animal, the Arabian Oryx, and gazelle herds in their natural habitat.
Upon check out, our team will return you back to the DDCR entrance, the starting point of your overnight experience.
From here, you are welcome to take a short tour of the Reserve’s visitors centre at your convenience, or return home with unforgettable memories.
Complimentary soft drinks are included as standard throughout your stay, with premium drink upgrades available.
Know before you go
- If you have any special dietary requirements or alternative meal requests, please contact our team via WhatsApp on +971 4 274 8803 or via the form here , and we will work to accommodate your request.
- Each tent can accomodate a maximum of 2 adults, a child under 12 on a rollaway bed available on request should be made via WhatsApp on +971 4 274 8803 or via the form here , to accommodate your request.
- Check in is from 3pm. Check out is before 11am.
- While we endeavour to show you as much wildlife as possible, we cannot predict the movements of every species. Therefore, if some of the animals change their plans, we can’t guarantee you’ll spot them.
- A portion of the Overnight Camping fee goes towards supporting local conservaton efforts.
- Fresh linen and towels are provided.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please inform our team of any special dietary requirements in advance
- Please note, expectant mothers and guests with pre-existing medical conditions are unable to join us for the dune drive section of the experience, but are invited to join us for all other excursions.
- Please ensure you make us aware of any existing conditions or medical statuses in advance so we can make alternative arrangements where necessary, to ensure your comfort and enjoyment throughout your time with us.
- Adult rates are applicable to guests aged 12+
All tents can accommodate one child (5-11 years old) free of charge, on a rollout bed. This is on request should be made via WhatsApp on +971 4 274 8803 or via the form here , to accommodate your request.
- The Overnight Desert Experience operates a minimum age restriction of 5+. However, when the Overnight Camp is booked exclusively for private use, this minimum age restriction is lifted.
- If your plans change, please inform us 1 day prior to your booking.
Is the overnight desert safari suitable for solo travellers?
Absolutely! Both shared vehicle and private vehicle packages are available for solo guests, and accommodation can be reserved by solo travellers too.
How many people does each tent accommodate during the overnight stay?
The tent accommodation is designed to host a maximum of two adults and one child (aged 5-11).
Are special dietary requests accommodated during the stay?
We can accommodate special dietary requirements during your stay with us. All we ask is that you share these in advance, so we can prepare your request accordingly.
What is the entertainment schedule during the overnight desert safari?
A typical activity schedule for an Overnight Desert Safari includes
- Camel Ride
- Dune drive
- Walking night safari
- Morning wildlife drive, including a sunrise stop
Between these, the main activities on your schedule are to enjoy the view and enjoy your overnight camp accommodation!
Is there a pickup option available from areas other than Dubai hotels/residences?
We review these requests on a case-by-case basis. Reach out to our team and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
Are there any restrictions on carrying electronic devices to the overnight campsite?
Electronic items such as mobile phones are allowed on the campsite. How else can you get those Insta-worthy shots, right? Your accommodation won’t have any charging points however, so we’d recommend bringing a portable charging pack with you.
We also ask for you to refrain from bringing any items which may be harmful to the wildlife and environment we are looking to protect, like e-cigarettes for example.
What to wear for the overnight desert camping in Dubai?
We suggest wearing leisurely clothes that are easy to move around in, as well as comfortable walking shoes. We also suggest bringing warm clothes as the desert gets cool after sundown!
Is the desert camping experience suitable for children?
Children are welcome to enjoy the desert camping experience with us, under the following circumstances:
- Children under the age of 5 can only be accommodated when the camp is privately booked on an exclusive basis.
- For children under the age of 5, a private vehicle should be reserved for the safari experience and their information shared with us at the time of booking.
Are there vegetarian or vegan meal options available?
We are able to accommodate vegetarian or vegan meal requests when they are shared with our team in advance.
What safety measures are in place at the campsite?
The safety and wellbeing of our overnight guests is a top priority, and we have taken a variety of steps to ensure the overnight experience is comfortable and safe.
A comprehensive risk assessment has been conducted for our campsite facilities and activities, to ensure that potential risks are identified and effectively managed. While you’re camel riding, relaxing by the campfire, and sleeping – know that we have taken precautions to ensure your safety.
Although an emergency of any kind is highly unlikely, we understand the importance of being prepared. We have emergency procedures in place and have trained all our Safari Guides accordingly to put these into practice. Our Guides are also certified in First Aid and have access to first aid kits and defibrillators.
We have also taken steps to ensure fire safety at all times. Our campfire is carefully managed by our Safari Guides, and we have multiple fire extinguishers conveniently located throughout the campsite and the Guides are trained in their use. If the need arises to evacuate, our campsite offers an open plan layout with plenty of safe egress options.
As a rule, we encourage all guests to act in a respectful and mindful way throughout their time with us. We discourage any behaviours which could disrupt any wildlife or compromise personal safety in any way. With this in mind, while we do not prohibit any specific items, we ask our guests to make reasoned judgements about what they bring into the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
Our Guides are always on standby, ready to assist and ensure that you have a memorable and safe stay with us.